Recently, I had one of my occasional baking meditation sessions which resulted in my first ever carrot cake with almonds and raisins. Improvisation paid off. Result was beautiful and yummy! 🙂
- Pre-heat the oven;
- grate 2 big carrots;
- then with electric whisk beat 200g brown sugar and 4 egg yolks for 2-3 min;
- then lightly stir in grated carrots, juice of 1 lemon, about 100g raisins and 100g almonds.
- Then add about 200g self-raising flour, a pinch of salt, 1 tsp of cinnamon;
- Then beat the egg whites until it looks like foam; gently add to the rest;
- Bake for about 45 min.
- It tastes awesome when still warm with vanilla ice cream. ☺